Central Wisconsin Community Action Council is a community based not for profit organization that has been in continuous operation since 1966 when it was established as part of this nation’s War on Poverty led by President Lyndon Baines Johnson.
Type of Agency: Non-Profit, Chapter 181 Wisconsin Statutes, IRS designated as 501 (c) (3) Charitable Organization
Purpose: Anti-Poverty Solutions
CWCAC is governed by a fifteen member Board of Directors.
- Five members one from each county are publicly elected officials appointed by their respective County Chair
- Five members one from each county represent low-income persons in the community to be served by CWCAC
- Five members one from each county represent specific organizations or areas within the community to be served by CWCAC.
Today CWCAC employs 69 individuals and has an operating budget of over 9 million dollars. The agency has 10 areas of operation.
Each area has a leadership team that is responsible for the achievement of specific outcomes detailed in the Agency’s strategic plan.
Our vision is to be the lead collaborative agency empowering people for self-sufficiency and wellness in Wisconsin. CWCAC GOALS
Central Wisconsin Community Action Council Inc. mission is to develop opportunities for people and communities to realize their potential by providing resources and comprehensive services to empower those to become self-sufficient and independent. CWCAC AGENCY MISSION
- Assure prompt, efficient, and effective services in our pursuit to reduce poverty and the causes of poverty
- Respond to the ever-evolving expressed and identified service needs and demands for families in need
- Maintain, expand, and fortify our agencies core programs
- Ensure stability of our financial structure applying best practices for a multi-funding source non-profit charitable company
CWCAC serves the five counties of:
We have an office in each county including our Central Administrative office in Wisconsin Dells.
The Board of Directors meets bi-monthly on the 4th Wednesday of the month at the central office location at:
1000 Highway 13
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
The public is welcome and invited to attend.
CWCAC, Inc. Board of Directors
|1||Scott Pease||Adams||Elected Official|
|2||Joy Casperson||Adams||Education Interest Group|
|3||Sandy Wormet||Adams||Low-Income Rep|
|4||John Atkinson||Columbia||Low-Income Rep|
|5||Liz Miller||Columbia||Elected Official|
|6||Bob McClyman||Columbia||Landlord Representation Interest Group|
|7||Donna Maly||Dodge||Elected Official|
|8||Donna Auchue||Dodge||Low-Income Rep|
|9||Muriel Harper||Dodge||Secretary, Volunteerism Interest Group|
|10||John McGinley||Juneau||Elected Official|
|11||David Singer||Juneau||Treasurer & Low-Income Rep|
|12||Charlie Krupa||Juneau||Vice President & Building Interest Group|
|13||John Earl||Sauk||Economic Development Interest Group|
|14||Ross Curry||Sauk||Low-Income Rep|
|15||Gaile Burchill||Sauk||Elected Official|
Current employment opportunities.
No Openings At This Time